Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Ben did this-
What does this palm tree have to do with Thanksgiving?
I turned it into this -
(another one of my 'nesting' craft projects. See Halloween 2010 post.)
Ben's teacher made him this cute pilgrim hat. I was able to help out with Ben's class while they went and had turkey dinner in the cafeteria. I remembered that turkey was my favorite lunch when I was in elementary, so when Ben didn't finish all his turkey, I finished it for him. Mmmm!
Thanksgiving Dinner was with my family this year. I love Chad's family too, but I love it when Thanksgiving it with my family. Besides getting to be with my extended family, my grandma makes the most delicious stuffing. I tried to duplicate it for Chad's family before, and it was a flop. Some things should just be left up to the experts.
And my favorite memory this Thanksgiving was when Jack just out of the blue started singing, "we are a happy family!" Over and over again. So cute!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Tell me about this give thanks craft.

Kristi said...

Your giving thanks board turned out so cute- good job! I love the garland on the mantle, and Adeline loved the Turkey's you made for preschool- so cute!