Friday, November 05, 2010

A classified tour of my home

No, I don't live in a top secret location. By classified, I mean the 'the classifieds.' My favorite place to shop. Every time I am in the market for something, I check the classifieds first. And sometimes it's just all about waiting and eventually I will get it off the classifieds. Right now I wanting a parachute-an old one like the kind you played with in elementary school. I just want one.

The ksl.com classifieds are awesome, it's a much better user interface (programming term-my hubby would be so proud) than Craigslist, but I have bought a few things off Craigslists.

So here's a few of the things I've bought. If I remember how much I paid I will mention it, but I don't remember the prices on most things.

The Couch. $200. It's from Pier 1

The kitchen table. And the French doors. (It wasn't a standard size opening, but yes I found them on the classifieds. Wahoo!)

The Fridge and Pendant lights.
I don't remember how much the fridge was, but I do know it is the most expensive thing I've purchased off the classifieds. And the pendant lights were $20 for both.
All the pendant lights I wanted were like $100 each. I am way too cheap for that. So I got the pendant lights until I can find some for a great deal at NPS or something.

The oven and cooktop.
I originally purchased a double oven electric range, but then decided I wanted an electric oven and a gas cooktop. So I sold the range I bought, made a little bit of money off it and then bought an electric oven and gas cooktop. When we went to put in the gas cooktop it was too deep to fit above the oven. So back to the classifieds, I sold the one I bought and then bought the one I now have for $50.

The Dishwasher $50

And the kitchen sink.
It was brand new. It's deep and it has these grates in the bottom of them. At first I thought I wouldn't use them, but I love them. The faucet isn't from the classifieds, it's from eBay. I love that thing!

But wait, there's more.

The dresser $50 and the cute Pottery Barn bedding on the boys beds.
I refinished the dresser and put on new handles. I love the modern look of it. Clean and simple.

My bed.
Not the mattress. The bed frame. I thought about buying a mattress off the classifieds, but the idea made me a little nervous, so we ordered one off Overstock.

There's more of course, like my camera. I have sold things on the classifieds, but I mostly buy things. We need to finish a bedroom and a bathroom in our basement, so there's plenty more to come. I know, I know- I am completely obsessed with finding great deals.

4 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

That's impressive & fun. And don't forget your awesome costumes!

Kristi said...

will you be my mentor? :)

Christy said...

Wow, your good! Next time I need to buy something I am coming to you for help!

Aim Aug said...

I need some of your deal finding talent! That is crazy good.