Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Monday night for Family night we carved pumpkins. Jack helped me make pumpkin bread bowls while Ben was at school. For dinner we served cheesy broccoli soup in them and then we carved pumpkins. They were tasty! I am always experimenting with new traditions and I think I will do this again. Fortunately the grocery store by my house sells pumpkin bread bowls and if I don't feel like making the bread bowls one year I can just pick some up from the store.
(So, they look kind of like pumpkins, but more like something else. :) Next time I make them I thing I will cut slits in it to make it look more like a pumpkin right before I put them in them oven.)
I don't usually carve a pumpkin because there isn't time. Maybe we should let the kids carve their own pumpkins, but I think they are still a little too young. Especially when we handed Jack the pumpkin carving knife and he went kind of crazy with it.
Anyway, I use a drill and a paddlebit to carve my pumpkin. I went all the way through on some holes and only partway on others. Super easy, and I like the way it looks!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love the bread bowls! so cute!