Have you every called somebody up to invite them to do something with you and they said, "ya know, you are nice and all but you are just not cool enough for us to hang out with." Or have you had somebody say, "um, we are kind of maxed out on friends, we have more than enough."
I have not had this happen and I hope it never will but everytime I call somebody to invite them to do something with me it is scary. Deep down I am afraid they are going to say the things I am afraid of. Maybe I am a bit insecure, but who isn't afraid of rejection?
Today I spent forever making homemade chicken noodle soup. (I made the broth and the noodles, that kind of homemade.). I also made Lion House rolls. There was plenty of food so we decided to call some friends to join us for dinner. They already had plans which I totally understood and I didn't feel rejected. The thing that was funny is that we were trying to think of somebody else to invite and everybody we thought of we thought, "they are just going to think we are weird for us calling on short notice." I even thought this about my sister and you would think I already got over that kind of stuff when it comes to her.
Where am I going with this? I dunno exactly. I just think it is interesting the things I assume sometimes. Silly and irrational. Also I was thinking about all the wonderful people I have known and know. It is sad when life changes and the people who were part of your life are no longer really part of your life, but then you meet new people who fill different niches of your life. And depending where you are in life you have different holes. No matter how many friends you might have it is always nice to meet more of the great people in the world.
I am glad that the new friends we invited to dinner were bummed they couldn't join us for dinner and came over and hung out with us later. I am glad they aren't 'maxed out' on friends.
3 comments:
Hey, I am up for your food ANY DAY. Even short notice. Besides I haven't seen you FOREVER! I think the ball is in my court. When can you get together?
Hey, you hold a niche in my heart no one else could fill. I am so glad we still keep in touch, if only through blogging. We need to get everyone together soon. January?
I have those same concerns. I know they aren't rational, but they really hold me back.
Post a Comment