I hate uploading pictures on blogger. It takes way tooooo much time. And then once they are uploaded they are difficult to move around. Blogger use to let you move them around just using the mouse, but now I have to go into the 'edit html' to move them and it's frustratingly difficult. Anybody have a solution?
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I wish there was a solution too! With all the pictures we put on our blogs you would think we could find a better way, but I dread it every time. Good luck finding a solution, and when you do, let me know!
I've tried a couple things. If I am doing less then four photos, it's perfectly painless with Picassa (Google's free photo editing program - which I use to manage all my photos anyway). If I'm doing more than 4 photos (that seems to be Picassa's max), I do a google search for "blogger in draft" and sign in to their beta version which is ten thousand times easier for adding photos as it lets you upload them all at once, then "place" then as you go. Once placed, you can also change, the sizes, etc. SOOOO much easier. I almost never post if I'm not logged in to the "blogger in draft" mode, because it has so many better features. Hope that helps!
Yeah, there is actually a really easy way to move photos around. You can (sort of) still drag them, but that is a pain, and doesn't let you go very far with them. The better way is to cut and paste them. When you are in the regular edit view you click on the photo so it is selected, and then press ctrl-x (cut), and then move your cursor to the location where you want to put it and press ctrl-v (paste). That way you can move things around anywhere in the post without much effort. As for the slow uploads I can't help you much there except to say that you should upload small versions of the photos, instead of the full photo (if you aren't doing that already). I have an export preset set up in Lightroom that automatically exports a smaller version for uploading.
Kevin- I tried the copy and paste thing but it didn't work. I am not sure what my problem is. I will have to have Chad watch me do it.
Thanks for the idea with lightroom. I am not doing that but yes I should be.
And Brooke- thanks for the reminder about Picasa. Don't know why that slipped my mind. And your other suggestion I am going to try that.
Post a Comment