Today was a long day. Last night Jack started running a fever and around 1:30am he woke up having a febrile seizure. Last time, and the first time, he had one I read that once they've had one it's likely to happen again. Now it's probably likely to happen everytime he has a fever. Bummer! Although we were told they are harmless, it doesn't make it any less scary to watch.
So, because Jack wasn't feeling well we spent most of the day at home. We would have spent all the day at home, but because the weather was so nice and Ben was driving me crazy we went over to my mom's to jump on the tramp.
Ben has developed quite the temper lately. It's shocking. He gets mad soooo quick. He really does not handle things well when I have to say no to him.
Last week when he was mad he knocked over a side table. Last night he threw a wooden hammer at me. Today, he ripped up his cute little bedtime routine list I made for him. This morning he slapped me across the face. (That mad me soooo mad, and it stung.)
Needless to say it was a long day. When Chad got home from work we ate dinner, then I laid down on the couch. Within minutes I was asleep and Chad kindly took the boys down to the pee house to try and do some work.
I can't help but question what I am doing so wrong that Ben has become extra intense lately. And I'm really hoping it's just a phase that will pass quickly. Wish me luck!
2 comments:
serious? man girl, this is rough. that poor kiddo of yours, not to mention poor mama. it's bizarre that he's sick so often. have you tried probiotics at all? i'm certain it helped treyden and it continues to help. if i can do anything let me know mmm, k?! please. maybe we could do park date next week so we can visit again, there's never enough time to really sit and chat is there!
I am SURE you are not doing anything to make Ben have a temper, but I hear you. I always think everything wrong with Eddie is my fault. Good luck, and I am sorry! Scary about the seizures!
Post a Comment