Saturday, April 25, 2009

Snuggler

Benjamin is a snuggler. (Is that a word?) He never wanted to be swaddled when he was little. He hated it because his arms were pinned down. As he got bigger and his arms got longer he has loved to wrap those arms around my neck when sleeps. He is either doing that or playing with my hair.
Ben ends up in our bed every night. Perhaps I am way to sympathetic when it comes to this, but Jack still sleeps in our room (because Ben still has night terrors) and sometimes I feel bad that Ben is in his room all by himself. Some nights I walk him back in his room over and over again, but most nights I just let him stay because I'm too tired to get up and Ben just loves to snuggle. I just took these pictures-
Jack loves to snuggle too. I'm seriously contemplating having the boys share a bed, when Jack is big enough.


Wondering what we are up to at our house? We are cutting holes in the walls. Part of this hole use to be a big window. Too big for the small kitchen. We cut it even bigger because we are going to use the space as a doorway to the pantry we are adding onto the house and we are going to bump the fridge back into the space. The black doorway use to be the back door and we covered it up because we are reconfiguring the whole kitchen. The kitchen won't have any windows. Maybe this a mistake, but it's a small kitchen and we need the wall space. Also, it means I get a pantry. I'm trading a window for a pantry. I hope this isn't a mistake. I love white cabinets, but I also love dark, dark cabinets. I think that with no windows and dark cabinets the kitchen would just be a dark hole. That's why I'm contemplating light colored cabinets. I'm thinking maybe cream. I think it won't get as dirty as white. I don't know.

Today we will be taking out the window to the left as that is where we will be putting the french doors.I say 'we' like I'm helping with it. Actually it's mostly been my Chad and my dad (with some help from my mom.) A lot of the time when I'm at the house I'm doing this-Pushing the boys on the swingset. Kids could swing for hours, it's amazing.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow. I want to know where this house is so I can drive by and stalk the progress!
My mom has white cabinets with dark countertops and they look great. I don't notice them getting dirty, but she is also a very clean person so maybe that's why. We have light colored wood cabinets in our kitchen with a darker countertop. I like it and it feels more open. :)

talonandanna said...

so excited for your new home! but we are going to miss you!

Christy said...

You should put some skylights in your kitchen since you wont have a window. I can't wait to see the finished product. Good Luck!

Tringali Family said...

How fun! I can't believe all the major changes you are making to the house. That is exciting to make it your own.

talonandanna said...

well i'm up again, just thinking of ya wondering if you are too. :( hope not!