I look forward to Easter every year and have as long as I can remember. Almost every year we go camping with the Phillips family. Our group is getting a lot bigger, but that just makes it more fun. I love watching my kids having the same fun I did when I was growing up and I still have fun too. (Not so much fun with getting ready for camping. It makes me crazy and sometimes I wonder why we ever go camping again.)

This past weekend we went camping at Capitol Reef National Park.
We were lucky to get the group campsite. Unfortunately, we weren't so lucky when it came to the weather. The weather forecast was quite ominous.
I tried to cancel the reservation and pleaded our story that a lot of people in our group were sick, but the campsite was non-refundable, so off we went.
It turned out to be a pretty good weekend. It rained, but it didn't snow. And the weather was good a lot more than it was bad. It was a little cold at times, but we had a fire going most of the time with wood from the huge bin the campsite came with
and we were prepared for the cold with coats, hats, gloves, and extra sleeping bags.
We dyed eggs for Easter
had a visit from the Easter bunny

and an Easter egg hunt.
The group campsite was awesome.
It was huge, so there was plenty of room for the kids to explore. There was a covered pavillion with lots of tables. Our only neighbors were these horses-
We missed everyone who didn't come, but totally understand why they didn't. Where shall we go next year? (In May of course, so we don't have to worry so much about the weather.)













5 comments:
that photo of the trees and blue sky is awesome!!!
That is a great tradition. I remember you going when we were growing up. Looks like everyone had fun.
We're jealous! Glad you guys had so much fun - we just started framing our basement and decided the extra work of camping was just too much. I don't know how you do it all!
So fun! Glad you had a happy Easter!
you guys always take the funnest trips! what a great way to spend time together. we love camping and being outdoors! what great photos too. k, we have to get together so i can learn a couple things from you. :)))))
Post a Comment