Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day in review

One of those days
Yesterday was one of those days when I just felt bummed all day long. Everything seemed more overwhelming than usual. You know, one of those days. I never have nothing to do, but often my days are often blank slates that I need to fill up with things. Important things like teaching my kids, mundane things like keeping the house clean and feeding my kids three meals and two snacks (then cleaning up after the three meals and two snacks), and then tricky things like keeping my children somewhat entertained and out of trouble.
So, days that are blank slates often overwhelm me, but then days when I have pressing things to do I often feel anxious. Like today, I have preschool at my house, then later this afternoon I am in charge of the activity for the 11 year old activity day girls.

Vindicated
Today Ben I were discussing that because he is getting older we need to give him another responsiblity around the house. Currently his job is to empty the utensils out of the dishwasher. We have yet to determine the new responsibility but Ben was excited about the idea of a new job. He said to me-"As I get older and older I'll get more and more jobs. And then I will be like you and have a lot of work to do."
He notices! Sometimes. Other times he thinks I'm boring because I won't play with him all day long.

Ben's new do
Compliments of his cousin Josh. This was bound to happen sometime. Doesn't it happen to almost every kid? It didn't really upset me too much because as Ben said, "mom, it's just hair, it will grow back." I'm glad that I'm the mother of the child whose hair was cut, not the mother of the child who did the haircut. My sister feels bad.
The grocery game

It's been a while since I've posted one of these. I don't know why, but sometimes I feel like a dork that finding a great deal on things gets me sooo excited. It's just part of my life right now, I also get excited when I get a really bad stain out of the boys clothes.
So, how much did I pay for these four boxes of crackers, one dozen eggs and a pack of gum?

$1.18! Not too shabby.

Does eating ice cream before bed make you have strange dreams too?

My Monday ended with a very strange dream- I dreamed that preschool was at Heather's house. I went over early to talk to her about something and my sister was going to bring Ben over when preschool started. At 9am people started showing up at Heather's. Lots of people, including the preschool kids. All of the youth in her ward and their leaders showed up for a song practice. Heather said it wouldn't take too long, but over an hour later it was still going, poor Ben was bored, and I had to go to the bathroom. So I grabbed Ben and started looking for a bathroom. While looking for the bathroom I discovered that there was a lot more people in Heather's house than just the people for the song practice. There was like 300 or 400 people in her house all having church meetings. And there was only one bathroom so I decided to leave. My car ended up being in a parking garage below Heather's house and it cost me $31 to park for an hour and a half.
Strange dream.

4 comments:

Mac G said...

31$!!! Looks like you are going to walk to Heather's house from now on.

Aim Aug said...

Tell me all your secrets! How do you do that? Teach me oh enlightened one....

the author said...

Look at Ben's cute smile. He likes that haircut. :0)

talonandanna said...

nope not shabby at all! coupons? good looks? how did you do it?! let's get together at the park as soon as the weather is decent! i've missed chatting with you!