Just outside of Morgan, UT on Insterstate 84 is a small town called Taggart. It probably has a population of 25 or so, maybe less. It has one road, called Taggart Lane. It's the kind of small town that they would normally put up a sign on the freeway that says, "No Services." However, this town has one service, a quaint and tasty restaurant. The name of the restaurant? Taggarts.


When you walk through the doors the first thing you see is a case full of beautiful desserts.

Cake, cookies, and all different kinds of little cheesecakes. I have yet to try the desserts because I'm always too full after my meal. I'm pretty certain that I won't be disappointed when I finally do try them.
A couple of months ago we went to a funeral up in Morgan, so we made a trip over to Taggarts. When I was there I noticed that they now have outdoor patio seating and I'm excited to go there in the summer.


I've never been disappointed with anything that I've ordered. Last time we were there I had a tasty hamburger with an amazing homemade bun and Chad had a delicious pasta dish. I've also had blue tortilla veggie enchiladas that were quite good. They have sandwiches, hamburgers, soups, salads, fish, pasta, etc...

The ambiance of the restaurant kind of reminds me of Ruth's Diner in Emmigration Canyon (another one of my favorite restaurants.)
I can't justify driving that far simply to go Taggarts, but I would definately take the long way around on my way somewhere (say Park City) in order to stop by this place. Next time you find yourself on I-84 just east of Morgan and you see the sign for the Taggart exit maybe check out Taggarts.
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun place. I love discovering little places like that, they are always the best!
been there! love that small town, middle of nowhere just out in nature feeling! hey and they even had glutetn free hamburger buns for treyden! :) we'll be going back for sure!
I am going to have to go there sometime. That is my sister-in-laws favorite place too!
Crystal, I totally want to go!
Post a Comment