Tuesday, November 04, 2008

This is for you Ashley

Last week a girl I used to work with had her reception after getting married on the beach in Maui. The photographer she'd scheduled had cancelled. Enter me. Taking pictures scares me even though I love it. Taking pictures at weddings is especially scary because the day can't be redone. One of the biggest reasons I was scared is because it was an indoor reception, so I had to use the flash. I've never much cared for pictures taken with a flash as I much prefer natural light. Unfortunately, life doesn't always happen at moments when the natural lighting is ideal.
It was a good experience and I hope Ashley likes some of the photos. To see more pictures check out my photography blog-

http://www.clearlycrystalphotography.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

Amanda said...

You did AWESOME!! they look great. It is intersting learning to use a flash, but once you have the hgang of it it's pretty fun. Again...SOOOO GOOD!!

Mac G said...

Nice work, keep it up!

Freebairn Family said...

Beautiful photos! I don't have your e-mail, so here goes nothing.
Just thought I’d share this great deal I got this morning – honestly, you wouldn’t believe the deals. Albertsons is having their biggest sale of the year this week and when you match it up with coupons you can get most things for under $1 (items that would normally cost $3-$5). My friend teaches grocerysmarts classes and I thought I’d give it a try. It’s a free website that breaks down the ads for every store every week, ranks the items as to how good of a sale they are (4 or 5 stars is a great sale), and then tells you where to find coupons to “stack” to make it a GREAT deal.

Go to www.grocerysmarts.com and enter the passport: g84ckv (tell it to remember this so you never have to enter it again). They give you a $15 coupon for every $30 of sale items you buy, so essentially you spend $30 (before coupons), they’ll subtract your coupons, and give you $15. You then use that $15 towards the next $30 purchase and so on until you’ve bought everything you want (each in separate $30 transactions). I used enough coupons I had some “$30” purchases that I only paid $3 for. Then at the end you use the final set of $15 coupons to buy whatever. I’d buy as many as you can get coupons for.

Can also get more coupons here:
http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104884

Chrystal said...

I went to your photography blog and think you did an incredible job. You must have an amazing camera too! How fun!