Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Me!

When I woke up on my birthday my sister and her husband had decorated for me.This beautiful sign was hanging on the front door. At first I assumed that my sister had done it too, but after looking at it closer I realized it wasn't really like her handwriting. I think I've figured out what super cool person did this, so thank you Valerie! I'm pretty sure it was you. My mom made me a delicious breakfast and we enjoyed it out on the backporch.After breakfast, which was a late breakfast because I slept in, we went to Lagoon. Ben was already there with my sister and her family.
After Lagoon we went to lunch and then in the evening Chad invited my family and his family over for a little party. He rented a cotton candy machine for me! I had cotton candy after breakfast, after lunch, and then for the party. I was a little bit cotton candied out after my birthday, but it only last for a day. Good thing Chad and Adam filled up a garbage bag full of cotton candy for me. For years now I've been wanting to make a levi blanket, but I've never gotten around to it. My mom made it for me. Wahoo! I love it!

It was a good day. I was a little bummed out when I woke up the next morning because it wasn't my birthday anymore because on my birthday Chad was home, I didn't have to cook any meals, I didn't have to clean (I did clean a little bit, I can't help it), and I had a fun party which included cotton candy.

3 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Happy Birthday! I actually thought of you the day of because I'll always remember that you and my dad have the same birthday. Sounds like a fun time!

the author said...

Now why would you think that I put that funky thing on your door?

Ahem. Okay. I did it. As I was doing it, I thought to myself that I really should have laid it out more carefully...But it was fun to make, as screamingly imperfect as it was, and I thought you wouldn't hate the intention behind it.

Just wanted you to know that you're wonderful and that you're loved.

Thanks for my friend!!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday to you!! It looks like you had a GREAT birthday.