Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Another one of those weeks

A couple of months ago I was at a baby shower for one of Chad's cousin. As I was sitting there watching her open gifts I thought, "she has no idea what she is getting herself into." When she had her baby she had a c-section. I overheard Chad's mom say to her mom, "at least the hard part is over," and the first thing I thought was "it's just barely starting." Am I cynical or what?

I fiercely love my children, but man oh man is it quite the job. I'm having one of those weeks when everything about it just seems so overwhelming. I was thinking on Sunday, I really don't want time to go too fast (because I know that before I know it my kids will be bigger and I'll wish they were smaller), but sometimes the days just seem so long and I find myself wishing (more than usual) that time would go faster, so that Chad would come home and the day would be over and I could go to bed.

Ben has been extremely defiant lately. Jack's sick. My sister and her family are on vacation this week and I can't go hang out at her house. If Natalie wasn't out of town, she would probably tell me to come hang out with her. I spent half the day at my mom's today. Tomorrow I'm hoping to go to Becca's, so the day is less lonely. I'm glad that there are people I can do stuff with, sometimes it's just hard when I feel so unmotivated and overwhelmed to make the effort to do anything. What do you do when you feel this way?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You are right, I would tell you to come on over, it would probably help you feel better about your life too....oh wait...you need to come to Costco with me and all my children, plus the couple I babysit and then you will see that it can be worse...much, much worse.....

By the way, come over any time, I am home now, no trips for awhile!