Friday, July 11, 2008

Guilty Pleasure #2 and Free Plug Friday

We have ice cream left over from my birthday and it was calling to me, so tonight we had ice cream for dinner (aren't I a cool mom?) It was ice cream from Leatherby's.
I love Leatherby's caramel. Whenever I go to Leatherby's I order a caramel sundae with nuts, whipped cream and a cherry. (Child size because their servings are insanely huge.) The caramel is amazing, it reminds me of my Grandma's homemade candy. Ben and Jack love the caramel too. In fact, it was the first thing that Ben ate that wasn't milk. The first thing that Jack ate was my Grandma's candy, my Grandpa fed it to him when he was four months old.

I work at Leatherby's twice a year. My friends own the one on South Temple, so I help them out on the two busiest nights of the year-after the General Conference priesthood sessions in April and October. People often ask me for suggestions before they order, so here's some of my suggestions-

Black & Tan-Toasted almond ice cream, chocolate sauce,vanilla ice cream, caramel, nuts, whipped cream, and cherry. Golden Nugget-Pralines and caramel ice cream, caramel, pralines, cinnamon, nuts, whipped cream and cherry all in a waffle bowl.

Hot Fudge Brownie-Soft moist brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, nuts, whipped cream, and a cherry. (For all you chocolate lovers-I am not much of a chocolate fan, but I know lots of people who love their hot fudge.)

That's just a few. Everything is delicious. Leatherby's also has delicious hamburgers, sandwiches and salads. Their fry sauce is awesome! They make they their own bread, their hamburger buns are amazing!

Are you salivating yet. Check it out sometime. It's across the street from the Red Iguana, don't be too afraid of the neighborhood.

4 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

You always were a Leatherby's gal!

MNCarlsson said...

Oh goodness, that is so not fair!
They really need to build one here. St. George is the place where it's warm enough to eat ice cream 365 days a year.

Tringali Family said...

I love that place! They definitely know what a serving size is huh? hahah. My favorite there is a chocolate malt with an order of fries, you can't go wrong with that!

Amanda said...

I LOVE LEATHERBY'S. We are actually going there on friday! Yummy!!