Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's 2008

For Valentine's Day we started out the day with heart shaped pancakes topped with sprinkles. Here's how I make shaped pancakes, in case you want to do it too. Buy one of these bottles. I have a couple of them and use them for all sorts of things. Make sure the hole in the tip is big enough for the pancake batter to come out, but not too big that it comes out too fast. (You might have to cut the tip, but don't cut it too big.) Then just draw a shape on a hot griddle and fill it in. It's easy.
In the afternoon we went over to my sister's house and had a Valentine party. (What would I do without my sister?!) We read Valentine's books, played Valentine's bingo, and decorated cookies. I made and decorated these cookies and we delivered them to some of the people we love. (If you are reading my blog, I love you too and I'm sorry I didn't bring you cookies.)
Valentine's Day has always been kind of big in my family involving presents and lots of treats. When I was younger my grandparents often gave me underwear. I loved that. My boys got shirts from their grandparents and great grandparents. Here's Beepers and his cousin modeling their shirts from great Grandma and Grandpa Bo.
For Chaddy I made him this gift basket filled with all kinds of hot snacks- habenero jerky, jalapeno pringles, spicy sunflower seeds, red hots, cinnamon gum, etc. My mom shared the idea with me, she saw it on tv.Chaddy gave me these beautiful roses and some new baking dishes. He also spoiled me by making me lasagna for dinner. It was sooooooo delicious.

1 comment:

Tringali Family said...

what a great idea for pancakes! I will have to try it some time. What a fun valentines day for you guys!