Monday, January 14, 2008

Today is Monday, Today is Monday, Monday Wash Day

My mom is a schedule person, she does certain things on certain days. When I was growing up Monday was always laundry day. Before I had kids I did laundry whenever. Now that I have two kids and I am a stay at home mom I've found that I'm becoming a schedule person too. Because almost everyday is essentially the same, I have to have a schedule to define my week. The only thing that is certain right now is that Monday is laundry day.

My goal every Monday is to get all the clothes washed and put away before-


1. Chad gets home

2. Binkers poops on anything else


Does it happen very often that I get the laundry done? No! But it's a good goal. I try not to leave the house at all on Mondays, but sometimes things come up.


I don't know why, but Binkers poops on a lot of clothes. Sometimes it's five outfits in a day. We've tried all kinds of diapers, but none of them have helped. I have to get stains out of a lot of clothes, so I use two things that I hardly ever used or never used before I had children-


1. Bleach

2. Fels Naptha Soap


Thanks to a girl in my neighborhood who told me that Fels Naptha Soap is really good at getting out poop stains. Before she told me about it, every night I would sit on the floor in the bathroom, lean over the tub, and scrub out Binkers clothes with a concoction of Dawn soap, Cascade, and Tide. It worked, but it was a lot of work. Now with the Fels Naptha I can just throw Binkers stained clothes in a laundry basket and treat them right before I wash them. And the stain still comes out after being on the clothes for a week. I LOVE Fels Naptha soap!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love that soap, too!
I agree that Monday is the best laundry day. In the summer, when I don't work, it's the natural day for me to do laundry. During the school year Saturday becomes the only day I can do it. It ruins my Saturdays!

Tringali Family said...

That soap is the best! It is a miracle bar!
My laundry day is Friday. I am usually out and about the rest of the days and so Friday is my stay home and do laundry and try to clean as much as possible.

Amanda said...

I LOVE THIS SOAP!!! My sister-in-law gave me some after Ben gave Sweet Cheeks Hawiian Punch. It came right out!