This morning Beepers and I were playing and he said to me, "Mommy if you don't help me I can't reach the sky." I hope that as I'm raising Beepers I can help him to "reach the sky."A couple of weeks after we brought Binkers home from the hospital Beepers hit his Terrible Twos. I'm sure it was brought on by the big change of having a new baby in our home. He was super sweet to Binkers, but for the most part he refused to listen to anything I said. Many, many times during the day I would sit on the floor and cry because I didn't know what to do. I would call Chad a lot and cry to him. I was soooooooo overwhelmed. I thought my head was going to explode from frustration. I would look at people who had raised kids or are still raising kids and think, "I can't believe they are still alive, I can't believe that being a parent didn't kill them." Seriously, I thought that.
Fortunately, things got better. Beepers is sooooo much better. Of course we still have our difficult moments. Before Binkers, Beepers rarely had a temper tantrum, now he has them a couple of times a day. The crying drives me crazy, but a least it's not as often as it was. I'm still overwhelmed with being a mom and I often get wrapped up in thinking of my insecurities, but I'm pretty certain that being a parent isn't going to kill me. At least not yet.
Beepers is growing up. He is becoming more and more independent. One nickname I have for him is Bunny. He asked me to stop calling him that the other day, but he is still okay with me calling me Beeperoo and Beeperoni.
He is so smart and every day he amazes me with the things he says. He really, really loves music. I can't believe how quickly he can memorize the words to a song.
Beepers still drives me crazy, but he is a lot of fun right now. I'm lucky to be his mom.
1 comment:
Such a cute picture of Beepers. It is a very overwhelimg feeling to think that we have these little lives in our hands, but it is also a very AMAZING experience!
Post a Comment