These are a few of my New Year's Resolutions-
1. I will have a perfectly toned body because I will work out every day.
2. I will write in my journal or on my blog every day.
3. My kids will never watch television because I will play with them all day long.
4. My house will be perfectly clean. All. The. Time.
5. I will have a very healthy, very delicious meal on the table every night at 6pm.
6. I will recycle everything.
7. I will go back to school to at least get a bachelor's degree.
8. My kids will always look clean and well-dressed.
9. I will get a full-time job so that we can buy a house.
10. I will totally stick to my budget.
11. I will wake up early everyday and never stay in my pajamas past 7am.
12. I will acquire a years worth of food storage.
13. I will study the scriptures for an hour every day.
14. I will understand and keep up on political news.
15. I will do a perfect job with my church calling.
16. I will keep in contact with all of my friends.
17. I will be a very good wife.
18. We will never miss doing a family home evening.
19. I will make a very nice meal for everyone in my neighbor that has a baby or is sick.
20. I will visit my parents and Chad's parents every week.
21. I will eat 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
22. I will do my hair and make-up every day.
23. I will stop eating candy.
24. My kids will be super smart because I will do a preschool with them every day.
I could keep going with this load of crap. Hopefully you figured out pretty quickly that I am joking. Seriously though, things on this list are things that I expect out of myself, things that I feel guilty when I do or don't do. I know I'm not alone in being too hard on myself.
This year my resolution is to-
RELAX
Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Knowing you like I do, I think that you have a better chance of doing everything on your list rather than relaxing. I love you and you do a great job, you just need to realize it.
Wow, you had me worried for a bit... I thought for sure you must have gone crazy. Then once I read a few more I realized there had to be a catch so I quickly scrolled to the bottom.
May you be successful in this resolution!
you have already acomplished many of those things! You are wonderful just the way you are.
Post a Comment