Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mommyhood

At what age do you no longer let your child see you in your birthday suit?
This was my conversation with Beepers this morning over breakfast-
Beepers-pointing at my sleeve “why did you color on your clothes?”
Me-“I didn’t color on my shirt, it’s Binkers' poop.”
Beepers-talking to Binkers “You shouldn’t poop on mommy’s shirt”
talking to me “You need a different shirt.”
Me-“I’ll change my shirt.”
Beepers-“Okay, change your shirt, but don’t let me see your naked. I don’t want to see your naked.”

Now why, you ask, did I have Binkers' poop on my sleeve? I don't know exactly how it got on my sleeve but I was changing his bum and he pooped while I was doing it. Beepers' was sick with a stomach bug last weekend, and despite the fact that I have been washing and sanitizing my hands like crazy, Binkers got sick too. Last night Binkers' threw up on me. I was amazed how much he threw up. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it was about 16-20 ounces. He was soaked and I was soaked. Poor little guy.


When Beepers was sick last weekend we made him carry around a bucket everywhere he went. Most of his vomit ended up everywhere else but the bucket, but Beepers sure enjoyed his bucket.


I've been peed on, pooped on, vomited on, and this week Beepers used my hair as a kleenex. Ahhh, the life of a mother.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Laughing my head off!! At least you didn't put it in your mouth thinking it was chocolate!!