Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The magic of Christmas

Having kids has made Christmas magical again, especially this year. Beepers is so excited about everything Christmas. The morning after we first put up the Christmas tree Beepers came running into my room and said, very concerned, “Mommy, something is wrong, the lights aren’t on.” I showed him how to turn on the lights. Now almost every morning he wakes up and turns on the Christmas tree.

Last week we were driving around at night and when Beepers saw a house decorated with Christmas lights he said to me, “look at the Christmas lights, I like the way they glow.”

We got a bunch of Christmas books from the library and have enjoyed reading them the past couple of weeks. Beepers favorite Christmas books this year are Peek-a-Boo Christmas and Laura’s Christmas Star.

We watch Christmas movies. Right now he is especially enamored by a movie called, Santa vs the Snowman.” There is a nutcracker in the movie and for some reason Beepers calls it a “crackernut.” I don’t know why he switches the word around because sometimes he says it correctly, but I think it’s so cute that he messes the word up a little bit and calls it a “crackernut.” At Halloween he referred to scarecrows as “crowscares.”

We sing Christmas songs. Beepers knows almost all the words to “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.” Yesterday we sat at the piano and I played the song while we sang together. His little voice is so cute.

I think this year and the next couple of years will be the most magical for Beepers. He is old enough to be excited about Christmas, but young enough not to get wrapped up in wanting a lot of presents. The present he really wants this year costs about $3 and I know he will be so excited when he gets it. It would be awesome if a $3 gift could make me as excited as Beepers will be. Then again, my favorite gifts are my sweet Chad, Beepers, and Binkers and they are free, but priceless!

2 comments:

Mac G said...

Thanks for the sweet comments.

Amanda said...

So cute! I can not wait until Sweet Cheeks understands and gets excited for Christmas.