I’m now 29 weeks pregnant. There are two questions people always ask me.
1.How are you feeling?
2. Are you having a boy or a girl?
This morning Beepers informed me that his back hurt and his belly hurt because his baby was kicking him a lot. I guess I was complaining too much yesterday. Yesterday I worked and even though I just sit all day at the end of the day my back really hurts. Yesterday the baby was kicking so much my belly really hurt.
My mom loved being pregnant. I can think of a lot of things I love a lot more than being pregnant. I feel fortunate that I can have children and I am amazed that there is a baby growing inside of me, but at the same time it doesn’t feel so good. When people ask me how my pregnancy is going I tell them it’s going good, because generally it is. I don’t feel good, but I don’t feel bad, and I don’t have any serious problems with the pregnancy like high blood pressure, diabetes, pre-term labor, etc. My biggest complaint about being pregnant is not being able to sleep very well, mostly because of the fact that I have to pee every 2-3 hours. It drives me insane. It also bums me out that for the past couple of months every week I get on the scale I 've gained two pounds. It's really starting to add up.
Chad and I didn’t find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. Some people think it is crazy that we didn’t find out. Chad’s sister was surprised that we couldn’t tell from the ultrasound. We told the ultrasound tech that we didn’t want to know, so she steered clear of the area. My nurse midwife said that she doesn’t even know. I guess sometimes the ultrasound tech will write down in the chart what the sex is and just put a note that the parents don’t want to know. Chad and I didn’t find out because I didn’t want to. Chad would like to know, but is okay with not knowing. We found out with Beepers, but I decided this time it would be fun to be surprised. Sometimes I feel bad that we most often refer to the baby as “it”. We asked Beepers what we should name the baby and he said, “Bink.” I should work on referring to the baby with that name. (Bink is what Beepers calls his pacifier. I think it’s sweet that he wanted to name the baby Bink because he loves his pacifier that we are having a difficult time weaning him away from.)
I am excited to have either a boy or a girl. I am terrified of labor, so I am thinking that finding out the sex of the baby will be a good surprise to look forward too. Beepers informed me this morning that he is going to have a brother, but then later he pointed at a picture of a girl and said, “I am going to have a brother.” I really think I am having a boy. I’ve always thought that no matter how many children I have they will all be boys, but I could be wrong. I guess we will all find out in a couple more months.
2 comments:
You found me!!! I always hated those questions about how you're feeling during pregnancy. People really don't want to hear the truth anyway because it's never that pleasant! I think you guessed the identity of the mystery Sam. You're probably right about the lawyer/politician thing. How fun to be reading your blog!
Baby Bink, that's cute.
I'm a firm believer in leaving the sex of the baby a surprise until the baby is born, it just makes things so much more exciting.
Some people however simply have to know, so to each their own.
Post a Comment