Tuesday, May 29, 2007

From feet to chocolate

My sweet friend Amanda tagged me to write 8 things about me that are odd or that people don't know, so here they are-

1. I don’t like feet. Just thinking about some people’s feet makes me ill. I’m specifically bothered by thick, long, and discolored toenails. I’m quite particular about keeping my own feet nice and pretty. I cannot stand having my fingernails painted, but if it is sandal weather and my toenails aren’t painted they looked offensively naked to me. (I don’t care if other people don’t have their toenails painted, as long as their feet look nice. And if guys have their toenails painted, that’s just weird.)

2. It is difficult to make me laugh. When somebody tells a joke or I see a funny movie, I usually just smile. This kind of bothers my hubby and honestly it kind of bothers me too. I really wished I laughed more.

3. If I didn’t make my bed in the morning I have to make my bed before I climb into bed because the sheets and blankets just get too out of control if I don’t. Chad thinks I’m silly.

4. I keep nuts in the freezer. That’s not what’s weird though. I have them filed in the door in alphabetical order. Almonds (whole), almonds (sliced), cashews, coconut (I know it’s not a nut), hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, and walnuts.

5. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to folding clothes. My mom taught me a cool trick on how to fold a shirt, I believe she learned it from Martha Stewart. Check out this video clip- http://www.howtofoldashirt.net/ It’s in Japanese, but hopefully you’ll get the idea.

6. I am terrified of being somewhere where I don’t have complete control of being able to leave whenever I want. For example- job interviews, certain meetings at work, on an airplane, in the temple, or riding in somebody else’s car. I’m so afraid that I’ll have to go to the bathroom that I pretty much make myself have to go to the bathroom so bad that I panic.

7. I know I’m tall and I know that Chad is short, but sometimes when I see us standing in the mirror next to each other, the difference shocks me. I love it when we see other couples where the man is shorter than the women. I love it when I see them pointing or looking at Chad and I and I know they are thinking what I’m thinking- “hey, that couple is just like us.”

8. I use to dislike almost all chocolate, now I’m just particular about it. I don’t like brownies, chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, chocolate ice cream (but there is one exception), semisweet chocolate, and dark chocolate. I do like most milk chocolate and for some strange reason I really like burnt almond fudge ice cream.

I'm not going to tag anybody, but if you are one of the two or so people who read my blog and you'd like to write 8 things odd or that people don't know about you, please do so.

5 comments:

Benjamin said...

Regarding nuts in the freezer, shouldn't almonds-whole come alphabetically after almonds-sliced? Of course, I think I'd do what you do, which is to have the whole ones first just because that somehow makes sense. But, if you're going to be crazy OCD about something, you might as well be really nitpicky...

By the way, have you seen the movie Best in Show? Melanie and I just happened to watch it yesterday, so your nut commentary can't help striking a humorous chord with me. If you've seen it, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Mac G said...

I will never understand the whole making the bed before you get in it ;) This is a great list though.

Carrie said...

I totally understand about making the bed before you get in it. If I don't make my bed before I get in it, I feel like a slob, the covers are not all right, and it just feels yucky.

MNCarlsson said...

After reading your blog last night, I've spent the whole day trying to think of eight things on my own. It's difficult.
I did bring up the subject at work with my employees and learned quite a bit. One of the girls is really tall and so I asked her about dating shorter guys, and she says it's hard. The strange thing was that she says she likes wearing stiletto type heals, something which I can't see you doing ever.
Anyways, I'll have to keep thinking and see if I can come up with eight of my own.

Amanda said...

Love it, Love it!! I miss you Miss Crystal:(