I have a goal that I want to travel to all fifty states. Two of my aunts have this same goal, but I didn't get the idea from them. Every summer as a child we went on a road trip family vacation, and after that combined with a couple of vacations with friends I realized I'd been to over half of the fifty states and decided I'd like to see all the rest. I've been to thirty-two states, here are the eighteen I haven't been to- New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Alabama, Georgia, Florida (I was suppose to go there last year on a cruise, but the stupid cruise ship broke down), West Virginia, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Next week Chad, Beepers and I are going to Georgia. We have some friends there, Ben and Mel. Since we really like them and we've never been to Georgia we've decided to take the opportunity to visit them. I've been saving birthday money and money from waitressing at Leatherby's every once in a while for the past year and a half to use toward the trip. (My friends own the Leatherby's on North Temple in Salt Lake and my brother is the restaurant manager. They usually only call me help out when it's really busy, which is good for me because I end up doing quite well with tips.)
I'm a little bit nervous about taking Beepers on a plane again. He did well on our last plan trip, but that was six months ago and he's a little busier now. Aside from that, I'm excited. Here's a list of things I think I’d like to do in Georgia. I need more ideas, so if anybody can add any, please do so.
1. Visit the aquarium and zoo
2. Eat something peach flavored (you know, because Georgia's the peach state)
3. Visit Stone Mountain
4. Go to a Farmer's market (I've read there are supposedly two really good ones in Atlanta)
5. Eat some good southern barbecue. I especially love pulled pork w/ the vinegary barbecue sauce.
That's about it for now, we've tentatively planned out the first couple days of our trip, but need to figure out the last couple of days. We need to decide soon because we leave next week.
P.S. Yep, I’m five months pregnant. I’m due on Labor Day and we didn’t find out what we are having. I’m excited, but I’m never quite sure how to tell people about a pregnancy. Also, up until two weeks ago I could still kind of hide the fact that I was pregnant. Before anybody gets jealous that it took so long for me to show, I gained 45 pounds with my first pregnancy, and I am well on my way to gaining that much again and maybe even more. I guess I can hide the weight for a while because I’m so tall.
4 comments:
If you go to Atlanta (which I'm guessing is where you fly in). I hear the the World of Coca Cola is worth going to...
http://www.woccatlanta.com/
It appears from the website that it might be closed for remodeling.
Anyways, have fuN!
Went to Alabama on my Mission, and you have to have Seafood. If you don't like seafood, I understand, but if you like it, you will love it down south. Get it Cajun style. Shark Steak is the best, imo.
Also, congrats on #2. I hope you realize how blessed you are.
Have fun in Georgia!
We wanted to go to Coca Cola world, but it will be closed while we are there. It's moving and will be opening at it's new location the day after we leave.
Georgia, huh? Never heard of it. Sorry I can't tell you what to do there. :)
Congrats on the baby! I understand that it is hard to tell people. Pregnancy is supposed to be the most exciting thing, but it is just so awkward!
See you soon!!!! I am so excited!
Post a Comment