This past Saturday night, Chad and I were extremely bored. This doesn’t happen very often, so it was a strange feeling. We had a very difficult time thinking of something to do. We didn’t want to watch a movie. We kind of wanted to go out to eat, but had already eaten out once last week and decided that we shouldn’t eat out again. We wanted to do something outside, but the weather was horrible. Often times on the weekend we will walk over to my sister’s house (she lives just across the street) and hang out with her and her family. We decided not to bother them because we figured they were either busy with by brother-in-law’s family or they were going to a church meeting that we were suppose to go to as well. (We hadn’t arranged for a babysitter, so we couldn’t go to the church meeting.)
Beepers was also bored because he kept telling us to get our shoes on. We finally decided to call Chad’s brother to see if we could visit him, his wife, and new baby. When we called he was at work, but said he would be off in a couple of hours, so we kept ourselves busy for the next couple of hours by making dinner. We made vegetarian burritos with refried beans, Mexican rice, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, sunflower seeds, pico de gallo, lime juice and kiwi-mango salsa. They were tasty and refreshing, and we always love a meal that Beepers can enjoy too. Beepers loves rice and beans. Chad piled up a huge serving of them for Beepers and he ate them all. After dinner we had a nice visit with Chad’s brother and family. I’m glad we figured out something fun to do.
Last Saturday night we had nothing to do, but this upcoming weekend there is a lot we could do. My sister made arrangements for her family to stay in a teepee on Friday and Saturday night, but something came up for them on Friday night, so she asked if we wanted to stay in the teepee on Friday. It sounds like a lot of fun and this is what we are going to be doing this weekend because she offered it to us a while ago.
A couple of weeks ago Sarah K kindly invited me to join her team for a 5K race on Saturday morning. If it would have worked out I would have loved to join the team because I’d like to see Derek and Sarah and also I’ve been wanting Chad and I to do a 5K for a quite a while. (Chad is trying to get in better shape. I convinced him that the best way to lose weight is to learn to like running. I don’t know if he likes it yet, but he has been getting up early three mornings a week to go to the gym and run on the treadmill before he goes to work.)
Today, my awesome friend Heather called and invited us to go river rafting this Saturday. This river rafting trip is in addition to their regular summer river rafting trip. Heather and her husband plan a river rafting trip every summer and kindly include us. We didn’t get to go last year because on the way up to Snake River to go rafting Chad had, what we found out later was, a gallbladder attack and we turned around and went home. It would be so fun to go with them this weekend, but hopefully we’ll get to join them later this summer. I will be eight or nine months pregnant then, depending on when they plan the trip, and I may not go rafting, but Chad should be able to join them (he no longer has a gallbladder).
Hopefully we won’t have another weekend like last weekend. I am going to work on arranging more get-togethers with friends and family.
1 comment:
Eight or nine months pregnant, huh?
Post a Comment