1. Traveling- Just like Sandra Bullock’s character in While You Were Sleeping I got a passport just because I hoped someday I would go somewhere and have to use it. Two years later I did use it when Chad and I went to Germany. I got a really good deal on plane tickets because we were able to go three weeks after I bought them. I love going new places and seeing new things. It may sound stupid but I feel happier when I have a vacation to look forward to. For me, most of the time the anticipation of the vacation is just as exciting as the vacation itself.
2. Cleaning- Actually, more specifically, decluttering. I come from a long line of pack rats, and I am trying not to inherit the disease. I try not to buy too much stuff, but it’s amazing how much stuff I acquire. I regularly go through closets, cupboards, and boxes to eliminate things that I haven’t used it the past couple of years. I make regular trips to the DI. Some people in my family don’t really believe in the DI, I believe they think if it’s good enough to take to the DI you should just keep it for yourself or give it to somebody else in the family, so it can clutter up their house. (I am often handed down very useful things from some of my relatives, and I'm grateful for those things. However, sometimes I'm given stuff that I don't need and I don't know what to do with it.) I don’t think I’m wasteful, I just don’t keep stuff that I don’t need.
3. Finding good deals- Although I like to find good deals on everything I buy, I’m mostly obsessed with finding good deals on food. I don’t buy stuff unless it’s on sale, I have a coupon, or it’s on sale and I have a coupon. I subscribe to an internet shopping club, and I got a good deal on the subscription as well. It costs me $5.95 a month and it’s totally worth it. The internet shopping club shows me what’s on sale at what store, and where to find the coupon. My mom and sister are obsessed with finding good deals too, and they will call me when they find a good deal. I frequently visit food thrift stores, like NPS Market Square and Clem’s. If I need meat I visit the grocery store by my house on Tuesdays and Wednesdays because on those days they mark down their meat products that are close to their expiration date. We eat well, but we eat what’s on sale.
4. My feather pillow- I don’t like to sleep without it. Last year I had allergy tests done and on the form I filled out about my allergies I lied and marked ‘no’ on the question of whether or not I had a feather pillow. I was allergic to about 95% of the allergens they tested me for, but I was not allergic to feathers. I would have given it up, but it would have been very difficult.
5. Food- Yes, I like eating it, but I more enjoy cooking it and presenting it beautifully. I don’t think I’m good at very many things, but this is one thing that I can kind of do. Whenever I do stuff like this though people either say, “it’s too pretty to eat,” or “you have too much time on your hands.” Everybody has free time, this is just one thing I chose to do with my free time. Even with just simple meals I try to make them look fancy. Here's some pictures of things I've made.
3 comments:
What is that eyeball thing? My mom once made an eyeball cake for my brother's birthday.
The eyeball things are a white chocolate candy with a peanut butter center. I made them for a Halloween party at my work. I drew the red veins on the candies with red food coloring and a toothpick. People think I'm crazy to go to that much detail.
Wow Crystal. Very impressed with your creations. Especially the strawberry thing and the fruit bouquet.
My mom's the same with NPS and Clem's.
Post a Comment