Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's been a while, but finally here's the blog about our cruise.
We were suppose to go on a 7 night cruise to the Bahamas leaving out of New York City. You might be wondering why New York City. First, we thought it sounded like an interesting place to start the cruise and second, the airfare was significantly cheaper than flying to Florida.
So, here's the cruise ship-
Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Dawn
We were suppose to go to these ports-

Cape Canaveral, FloridaNassau, Bahamas
Freeport, Bahamas
and Great Stirrup Cay (the cruise line's private island). My parents, brother, sister, brother-in-law, nieces, nephew, Chad, Beepers, and I went on the cruise. We went over the week of Thanksgiving and we were looking forward to relaxing on beautiful beaches on the islands in the Bahamas. We boarded the cruise ship on Sunday afternoon. The ship was suppose to leave port around 4:00 pm. A little after 4:00pm the cruise director announced over the loud speaker that they were addressing some electrical problems and as soon as they had things taken care of we would be on our way. We ended up leaving port around 6:00pm. We stood out in the cool night air as we sailed past the Statue of Liberty. After that we went back inside to explore to the ship and to go to dinner. The first night we made reservations for the Mexican Restaurant on the ship.
After dinner we head to our rooms to go to bed. We didn't think we would be spending much time in our rooms, so we chose inside staterooms. Here's a picture of Beepers chilling out on the bed-
If I ever go on a cruise again, I will pay the extra money for a room with a window. I felt like I was sleeping in a closet. I had no idea what time of day it was. One morning my sister called the room to ask if I was ready to go to our yoga class. I wondered why she was calling so early (I thought it was 5:00am and it actually 9:30am).
To be continued...

No comments: