Sunday, February 04, 2007

Foodball

This morning, Beepers and I were soundly sleeping in my bed. A couple of minutes later I was sleeping at the edge of the bed facing out and I felt somebody breathing in my face. I opened my eyes to find Beepers within two inches of my face. As soon as I opened my eyes Beepers stated, "I want some strawberries." I was tired, so I told him to go find his daddy (who I thought was awake, but had actually fallen back to sleep on the couch.) After Beepers woke him up the same way he woke me up, Chad kindly filled his request for strawberries and water.

It's amazing to me that Beepers can express his preferences to us. He doesn't ask for strawberries every morning; some mornings he asks for toast and eggs, yogurt with strawberries, cereal with milk, pancakes, or waffles. It's nice that he can tell me what he wants. He's flexible though, if I don't want to make pancakes I can easily convince him to have something else.

On the subject of food, today was the Superbowl, so we had a party at my parents house. I could care less about the game, I was just excited about making and trying new food. We had some really good snack food. My sister made a seven layer bean dip, my mom made baked egg rolls, and I made boneless buffalo wings and this cheeseball-



Here's the recipe if anybody wants it. I got the recipe from my friend, Amanda.


2 - 8oz packages cream cheese (softened)


1 - Jar of Kraft Old English cheese (you can find this in the chip/cracker aisle)


1 - Tbsp mayonnaise


1/4 - tsp garlic salt


1/4 - tsp onion salt


1/4 - tsp dried parsley


2 - cups grated cheddar cheese


Blend cream cheese, Old English cheese and mayo together until smooth. Add onion salt, garlic salt and parsley. Then add grated cheese. Make into two balls and roll in your choice of nuts (I used walnuts because that's what Amanda used when she made it and it tasted delicious.) In this particular case I shaped it like a football and then used string cheese to make the laces and the white stripes. The cheese football was a hit.


P.S. I still haven't written about the cruise, but I promise I will soon. It's an interesting story about a vacation I will never forget (even though at times I want to.)


No comments: