I like to cook, it's one thing I' m good at. Some nights we eat really well, and other nights we just do something simple. A couple of weeks ago I was grocery shopping at one of my favorite stores, NPS Market Square and I found some pancetta. ( On a side note- I am obsessed with finding good deals on food and I always find good deals at NPS. I recently found out that they take manufacturers coupons, so I've been going crazy buying stuff for cheap at NPS and then using coupons to make things even cheaper. Another way I find good deals is through a shopping club. I have a membership for a shopping club and I just log into a website and it tells me what's on sale this week at the stores in my area and what coupons to use. It's awesome. I come home with bags of groceries and make Chad guess how much I spent. It's a stupid little game, but I always love the look on his face when I tell him how little I spent.)
Anyway, back to the pancetta. I made this delicious dish-

Here's the recipe-
12 oz pasta (linguine, penne, rotini, whatever kind you have on hand)
5 scallions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6 ounces pancetta, chopped
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
2 pinches dried oregano
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup butter
2 Tablespoons capers
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
In a large skillet, cook pancetta in oil and butter until just beginning to brown. Stir in shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook for one minute. Season with pepper and oregano, and pour in chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add capers. Cover, and continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Mix with pasta then top with parmesan cheese.
Usually I don't have recipes to give people. This time I have a recipe because most of it came from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com, but of course altered it. Keep in mind, capers have a very strong, different flavor. I find them to be very tasty, but many people do not like them.
Now I'm hungry....
1 comment:
Even though I've only had it a couple of times, your cooking is one thing I miss about living in Utah! Melanie and I have been all about trying new recipes lately, so we'll have to keep this one in mind. It looks mighty tasty. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment