Monday, October 30, 2006

I wuv you!

Earlier this morning when I was making my bed Beepers stole one of the pillows from me and ran out of the room. A couple minutes later I heard him yelling, "Mommy, I'm sleeping." I found him lying on the couch with the pillow and a blanket. It was cute, and I gave him a kiss on his forehead. Right after I did that, he said, " I wuv you." We have been trying to get him to say it for months, and he was fully capable of saying the words, but he just wouldn't do it. Beepers is a parrot, he loves to repeat everything we say. When we ask him a question, he always repeats the last word we've said. We have been using this to our advantage when we are giving him a choice. For example-When we ask him, "do you want to stay awake or go to bed," he answers, "bed." I'm sure it won't be long before he figures out our little trick and we'll have to change the choices we give him. Even though Beepers parrots just about everything we say, he wouldn't say I love you. Beepers started saying "I wuv you" on his own about two weeks ago and every time he says it, it makes my heart melt. Last week he was looking at a picture of my dad and he started yelling, "I wuv you Papa," over and over again. It's a good thing Beepers learned how to soften my heart a little bit, so I don't get so mad when he does things like this--

(Beepers thinks I'm proud of him for doing this, because I took a picture. That's why I didn't take a picture of him this morning dancing on the kitchen table or precariously perched on the arms of his rocking chair.)

1 comment:

Mac G said...

What a crazy kid you have. The arms of the rocking chair...hmmmm. He sure is cute though.