Totally random-
Luke has found his voice. Yes, he is starting to say more and more words, but by finding his voice I mean screaming just for the fun of it.
He helped me with the dishes today by putting his dirty plate in the sink. He was so proud of himself he kept putting dirty dishes and silverware into the sink. Never mind that they were the dirty dishes I had just put into the dishwasher.
Jack has changed so much in the past couple of months. After deciding to have him wait a year to start kindergarten I made another hard decision to have him go to preschool. I don't know exactly why but I often feel preschool isn't necessary and it's best for kids to be at home with mom. Turns out I had to change my thinking because I felt that Jack needed something more. The first preschool we put him in he didn't really like, so I moved him to another one. He is learning so much and he loves it.
Tonight I made a nummy dessert. Chad made a comment that I should open a food truck and include this particular dessert on the menu. Jack came up with a name for it, "Frosting Finale." And then he said, "mom, if you don't like that I can come up with a new name." And he thought very seriously about a new name.
When the boys are around each other they more often than not, drive each other crazy which drives me crazy. But when Ben is at school all day I miss him. He is gone too long. I just don't I have much time to talk with him and what is going on in his life. :( We are trying to be better at doing a date night with each of our boys. But it's funny on those nights I have a hard time getting Ben to talk. The time he likes to talk is right before he goes to sleep every night. I am always stressed about him getting to sleep, most nights I am putting Luke to bed, or I am just so done with the day that I don't allow him the opportunity to talk. I need to work on that.

No comments:
Post a Comment