Friday, July 09, 2010

Ben

I love this guy! He is just a good kid. Yes, he is a kid and he drives me crazy and frustrates me a lot, but he is wonderful too.
I have had horrible allergies/hayfever this year. I know a lot of people are suffering a lot this year, it's just an awful year. The other morning when I woke up Ben was in bed next to me. He had been awake for a little while and was just laying by me. When I woke up, I realized my eye was sealed shut with dried eye goop. Ben ever so gently cleaned the dried eye goop out of my eyelashes so I could open my eye. So sweet!

Last week we went bowling. I decided not to bowl so I could help the boys, specifically Jack because it was his first time. But Ben took it upon himself to help Jack with bowling. Every time it was Jack's turn, Ben would line up the ramp for Jack to put the ball on, then he would go get the ball and put it on the ramp for Jack. Ben was very careful to make sure not to put the ball on the rack until it was okay for Jack to bowl. Jack would bowl his two balls and then Ben would put the ramp away. Ben did this every time for one and a half games and then Jack decided he was done.
The boys often fight. Maybe it's not all that much, but it's more than I would like. But they truly love each other. And I love that.

No comments: