Who doesn't love autumn? I know I sure do. Enough, if I had a baby girl, I might name her autumn. Okay, maybe not that much, but I love autumn almost that much. Yesterday we enjoyed the cool, crisp weather and went on a walk.



Our recent move brought us down off the hill to the flat lands. (There still are hills, but they are very gradual.) Although I will miss the view we had, I will not miss only being able to walk a short distance before being met with a very steep hill. Pushing 70+ pounds (sometimes 100+ when we brought Madilynn) up a steep hill was a good workout, sometimes I just wished a quick walk to the park would be a little easier.
My sister posted this website on her blog one time-
http://www.walkscore.com/
Our former place of residence had a walk score of 14. Our new place has a score of 46. I don't know how often I will walk places, but I'd like to think I will often because it's just sooo much easier. So far we've walked to the grocery store four times, to pick up my niece from school, and to go to the park.



Our recent move brought us down off the hill to the flat lands. (There still are hills, but they are very gradual.) Although I will miss the view we had, I will not miss only being able to walk a short distance before being met with a very steep hill. Pushing 70+ pounds (sometimes 100+ when we brought Madilynn) up a steep hill was a good workout, sometimes I just wished a quick walk to the park would be a little easier.
My sister posted this website on her blog one time-
http://www.walkscore.com/
Our former place of residence had a walk score of 14. Our new place has a score of 46. I don't know how often I will walk places, but I'd like to think I will often because it's just sooo much easier. So far we've walked to the grocery store four times, to pick up my niece from school, and to go to the park.
Somedays. Okay, who am I kidding? 99% of the time I wake up in the morning wondering what I am going to do to keep the boys happy and stimulated during the day, which is a very overwhelming thing about being a stay at home mom. Yesterday we didn't have any big plans, but Ben's ice skating lesson, so I decided we would walk to it. On the way we stopped at two parks and the library.


Ben is a monkey bar fool. He loves them. He goes back and forth on them at least 20 times at almost every park. I don't know how his hands don't hurt, it's amazing. But oh yeah, he's a kid. And there once was a time when I was like that too. Now I go across like three bars and I have callouses on my hands.
When we were at the rec center a lady called Ben, "sporty." I actually think she wanted to call his crazy or a daredevil, which he is. He was jumping across some benches that were placed quite far apart. The lady said that her son was sitting on the arm of the couch, fell off onto the floor, and broke his arm. Thank goodness Ben isn't that fragile, because he definately would have broken something by now.


On the way back Madilynn joined us and we stopped at the awesome Firehouse Park (I'd never been to it before)




and Marie Callendars to get a pie (which I was almost tempted to attempt to eat the whole thing by myself when we got home.) I love Marie Calendars Double Cream Lemon Pie. Mmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm.
We made one last stop at another park before heading home.


We have a nice bike trailer, but I don't own a bike. I'll borrow Chad's though, but right now it's up at my aunt's. We need to make room in our garage for all that stuff. Right now it's full of home renovation tools and stuff.
A bike with gears would be far more practical, but I think it would be fun to have a bike like this-
With a basket on the front of course. Have you seen the movie Return to Me? I love the bike in the movie.
2 comments:
You are such an awesome mom and person! I wish we could play mom together!
I have a funny question. Your boys had some cars and helicopters that could come apart and had movement. Do you remember the name of them?
Post a Comment