Friday, April 11, 2008

Shrimp Tacos

This is one of my favorite things to eat lately. They taste a lot like the shrimp tacos at Bajio's. My sister made them for me and I think they are even better than Bajio's. I like shrimp, but thought shrimp tacos sounded strange. Trust me, they are delicious. Here's a recipe.
Mango Salsa
1 mango- peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
1/4 cup green or red bell pepper, chopped
2 T chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Sugar (to taste) *only add the sugar if the mango wasn't as sweet as you'd like

Shrimp w/ Honey Butter Glaze
24 small (51-60 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 T Butter
1 T Honey
1 tsp cornstarch

Cook shrimp on medium heat until no longer pink, then add butter and honey. When butter and honey is melted add about 1 tsp cornstarch to thicken the sauce. (I've halved the amount of butter and honey to cut back on calories and there was still enough sauce on the shrimp.)

Place six shrimp on each tortilla and top with mango salsa. Top with grated cheese and sour cream, if desired.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try them. I love Bajio's shrimp tacos. I am so excited.

Natalie said...

Your shrimp tacos are fabulous! I would like some right now but it is Sunday and I can't go to the store...sigh.... I will have to wait until tomorrow....