Thursday, April 24, 2008

Houses

Someday Chad and I would like to buy a house. I love old houses, they have so much character. Someday I want to live in one. I often drive around in neighborhoods with old houses and dream about living in one of the houses. There is a house for sale near us that has rooms that look like this-

Ooooooo! I love this house. Too bad we can't afford it. This is the kind of house that we can afford-Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but only a little bit. This house is two bedrooms, one bathroom and it's 900 square feet. When I first saw it I thought it was a playhouse or something. We could possibly be approved to buy the other house that I really like, but we truly wouldn't be able to afford it. That's why I'm not going to make an appointment to go see it. It will just bum me out more that I can't have it.

I use to be sooooo mad about the housing market. I couldn't sleep at night because I was so frustrated that the cost of homes has jumped up so much in the past three years. My attitude has changed a lot in the past couple of months. I am a lot more calm about it. I'm just hopeful that someday everything will work out.

For now, I'm mostly happy where I'm at. Someday I'll have a house. Someday. And then I'll miss my sister and all the awesome friends that I've made.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I hope that your future house isn't that far away that you won't be able to see any of us :( But at the same time I truly hope you get your dream home very soon. A house would definitely be nice to have because I hate all the weird smells that come from my vents in my apartment.

Natalie said...

I love the top house, where is it? You will get your house soon enough, but for now I am glad you are still around!

Amanda said...

Beautiful house!! AND GREAT pics of your kids!!!