Island Park-
At the end of July we spent a couple of days in a really nice cabin with Chad’s family. It was fun to spend time with Chad’s family. Beepers loved playing with his cousins. Most of his cousins are older than him and he loved being smothered with their attention.
3, 2,1 Blast Off!
At Chad’s family reunion this summer some of his family members brought some homemade rocket launchers. The day of the reunion Beepers literally spent hours launching off his paper rocket and chasing after it. Chad decided he wanted to build a rocket launcher. He built one with help and parts from my dad, grandpa, and brother-in-law. He also made a bunch of paper rockets. Last week we had a rocket launching party with my Grandma, parents, my older sister, her husband, and kids. We launched rockets and then ate rocket popsicles.
Retirement
A couple of weeks ago my boss was working on the budget for next year and asked me if I was still planning on working two days a week after I had my second baby. I informed him that I would not be coming back to work after this baby. I decided that my last day would be August 22, but then last weekend I decided I wanted my last day to be August 15. I am a lot more uncomfortable with this pregnancy than I was with my last and sitting at a desk all day was killing me. It’s going to be an adjustment being a full-time stay at home mom, but I know it’s the right thing to do right now.
Balloons
This weekend was the Ogden Valley Balloon Festival, so my sister rented a condo up in Eden. It was really nice because instead of getting up really early and driving up to festival, we were able to sleep longer, wake up, and walk from the condo down to where they launch the hot air balloons. Beepers is fascinated by the hot air balloons and I think they are pretty cool too. Chad and I went on a hot air balloon ride once and it was a really fun experience.
We stayed at the condo on Friday and Saturday night. After watching the hot air balloons in the morning we just bummed around the condo until mid-afternoon because the weather was bad. The weather finally cleared up so we were able take my dad’s boat out on Pineview Reservoir. About a half an hour after we arrived at the lake a really bad storm hit. It only last about twenty minutes, but it hit hard and fast and was very intense. We just had to wait it out because there was no way we could have gotten back to the car and gotten the boat out because it would have been dangerous. Chad, my dad, mom, sister, brother-in law, and brother held down the E-Z Up, while I was trying to comfort the two littlest kids. We were pelted with wind and rain, but nobody was hurt, the E-Z Up didn't break, and the boat was just fine. (A boat near the ramp completely tipped over. We didn’t see it tip, but after the storm passed we watched for over an hour while they tried to tip it back over.)
After the storm passed the weather was beautiful, the sun was shining and the sky was blue. We spent a couple more hours at the lake and Chad was able to do some water-skiing. It was a fun day. It was a fun weekend.
2 comments:
Happy to hear from you. I was starting to wonder if your baby had come early! Good luck!
It sounds like you've had a fun filled month and made lots of memories. I too found that I was looking forward to your favorite Friday's and was worried when you missed two in a row.
Post a Comment