Friday, November 17, 2006

Ironic, don't you think?

An amazing thing has happened the past couple of weeks, Beepers has started sleeping through the night consistently. And, he is absolutely an angel when it comes to putting him to bed. Beepers has been a horrible, horrible sleeper and it's shocking how much he has changed in the past couple of weeks. I used to spend at least an hour every night rocking him to sleep. When he finally fell asleep I would ever so carefully would place him in his crib. When Beepers was three to six months old he wouldn't go to sleep until 3:00am. It was rough, especially on the days that I had to go to work. Eventually I was able to get Beepers to go to bed at a more reasonable hour but every night was difficult. Every once in while he would sleep through the night (about once every two months), but mostly he woke up at least two times a night. We tried the crying-it-out method a handful of times, and sometimes we were successful, but then Beepers would get sick and we'd have to start all over again. Things changed a couple of weeks ago, and it basically just happened one night. I was sitting in the rocking chair rocking Beepers and after just a minute or so of rocking he said, "crib". I put him in his crib, gave him his bear, put a blanket over him, kissed him, told him that I loved him and said goodnight. He cried when I opened the door and walked out of the room, but he only cried for a couple of minutes. The next night we did the same thing and every night he cried less and less, and now most nights he doesn't even cry. I'm still in shock that it's that easy, but I always keep in mind that it could change any day. Oh well, I am enjoying it for now except for the fact that it's now 12:30am and I'm not asleep. Last night I was awake until 4:00am. Beepers has been sleeping well that past couple of weeks, but I have not.

P.S. Chad, Beepers, and I are going on a cruise! We fly out on Saturday and board the cruise boat on Sunday. I'm excited but nervous. For all you millions of people that read my blog, you can look forward to my blogs about our adventure.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I certainly will look forward to your posts. I hope it goes well (or went well, since you probably won't be able to read this until you get back). And I hope Beepers can sleep through the night on a rocking cruise ship!