Beepers trapped me in the bathroom again. Yes, it has happened once before. It happens when I am taking a shower. I haven't figured out what to do with Beepers while I take a shower. I use to just have him take a shower with me, but then I decided he doesn't need a shower every day. Here's how it happens- The shower and toilet in our apartment are separate from the sink and vanity. If you close the bathroom door and open one of the drawers in the vanity it prevents you from opening the bathroom door. I take a shower with the shower curtain slightly open, so I can keep my eye on Beepers. He runs all over the apartment, but for the most part stays where I can see him. It takes a split second of me not watching him for him to close the bathroom door and open one of the drawers in the vanity. The first time he did it, I panicked for a couple of minutes. I looked around the bathroom to see if there was anything I could use to pull a 'McGyver' trick and get out of the bathroom. There literally was no way for me to get out unless somebody on the outside closed the drawer. Fortunately, after ten minutes, by pounding on the door, I got Beepers to close the drawer and let me out. The next couple of weeks I took my cell phone in the bathroom with me. (My sister lives across the street from me and kindly said she would come rescue me should Beepers happen to trap me in the bathroom again.) Well, I stopped taking the cell phone in the bathroom with me and last week Beepers trapped me in the bathroom again. I was only in the bathroom for three minutes before he opened the drawer and let me out. He was eating some of my chapstick, which I quickly took away from him. He probably regrets letting me out.
I love being a mom, but there are a few things I miss about being childless. I miss being able to take a shower whenever I want and not having to worry about Beepers. I miss going to the bathroom when I want and with the door closed. I constantly have to know where Beepers is at, because if I don't, he is usually getting into trouble. Last week he threw my toothbrush in the toilet, then two days later he threw his toothbrush in the toilet. One time I was taking a shower, my cell phone was out on the hall table and it rang, Beepers kindly brough it to me by throwing it in the shower with me. He has also thrown in a broom and some of his toys. There is never a dull moment when you have a kid.
5 comments:
Brent does have a good point. If you keep going you will beat me by a mile.
it is an interesting post.
keep in touch!
great blog...
romantic language
I was wondering last week if this has ever happened to you again. What an adventure!
Hey Crystal. Finally I had a chance to respond and I figured I'd say . . . that post was hilarious. Real life, but thanks for being brave enough to share.
Post a Comment